Sold in packs of ~300g / 10.6 oz
Can't decide on a color? Why not have one of each of these delicious & crunchy carrots! Jammed full of nutrients (they all have different properties), they make for a perfect snack or a colorful addition to any salad!
Seasonal all-year round
- Root Vegetables
- Orange Carrots: Contains beta-carotene, with some alpha-carotene, both of which are orange pigments. The body converts these high content beta carotene into Vitamin A, essential to the immune system for general well-being & healthy eyes
- Yellow Carrots: Contains xanthophylls, pigments similar to orange beta carotene, which help develop healthy eyes and aid in the fight against macular degeneration. They may also be useful in preventing tumors associated with lung and other cancers!
- Red Carrots: Contains lycopene (another form of carotene), a pigment also found in tomatoes and watermelon; lycopene helps in the fight against heart disease and some cancers, including prostate cancer
- Purple Carrots: (Has an orange core inside) They get their pigment from an entirely different class, the anthocyanins. These pigments act as very powerful antioxidants, grabbing and holding onto harmful free radicals in the body. Anthocyanins also help prevent heart disease by slowing blood clotting
- White Carrots: These carrots by their very nature, lack pigment, but may contain other health-promoting substances called phytochemicals. One would say these are the least healthy of carrots
Health Benefits are based on empirical research as cited above, but this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.