Sold in packs of 2 avocados (~500g / 17.6 oz)
The Avocado has become a universally loved fruit for its buttery, rich and slightly sweet flavor. They're perfect for sprucing up your salads and sandwiches or even your breakfast eggs & toast just to start your day off right. Tastes even better when made into guacamole dip that would satiate all your snacking needs
Ready to Eat? Keep em' for Later?
- To ensure that the avocados last longer with you, they come slightly unripe but would be ready to eat in a day or two post-delivery!
- If you prefer them ripe & ready-to-eat, leave us a note (at checkout), and we'll pick them out for you!
Thankfully, it's always in season all year round
- Loaded with Healthy Fat: 77% of an Avocado's calories are from healthy oleic acid (same monounsaturated fatty acid that is in olive oil), which helps the heart properly use and store fats for fuel, reduces inflammation and has beneficial effects on genes linked to cancer
- Lowers Cholesterol: Avocados reduces total cholesterol significantly (especially LDL cholesterol, by up to 22%), whilst increasing HDL (the "good cholesterol") by up to 11%
- Increases Antioxidant Absorption: Some nutrients are "fat soluble" (e.g. vitamins A & K), which require the fats that avocado is rich in, to be utilized. Avocado consumption can increase antioxidant absorption by 3 to 15-fold!
- Promotes Weight Loss: Despite Avocados' fat (albeit healthy) content, it is very high in fiber and low in carbs, which helps weight loss by satiating hunger and hence reducing your calorie intake!
Health Benefits are based on empirical research as cited above, but this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.