Sold in a bunch of ~200g / 7 oz
Broccolini is a cross between broccoli and Chinese kale (gai lan), and it brings new elegance to an old favorite. Cooking is easy and fast, since you can eat the whole thing — just wash and go. Prepare and serve broccolini as you would broccoli — try sautéing in olive oil and garlic, simple steaming or even battering and deep-frying, tempura-style.
Best from October to April
- Olive oil
- Nutrients Aplenty: Broccolini is rich in Vitamins C (as much as an orange) & K, as well as folate, potassium & fiber, whilst very low in calories. Vitamin C builds collagen (needed for body tissue & bone), helping wounds heal quicker, and works as a powerful antioxidant
- Boosts Detox Abilities: Like its broccoli cousin, broccolini contains glucosinolate phytonutrients which supports the body's detoxification process
- Helps Regulate Blood Cholesterol Levels: Steaming broccolini may provide cholesterol-lowering benefits. Their fiber-related components bind more readily with bile acids in the digestive tract when they’ve been steamed, which may result in lower blood cholesterol levels
- 20 mins (15 mins Cook Time)
- 1 / 5
- Olive Oil... refer to Recipe for more
Health Benefits are based on empirical research as cited above, but this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.