Chef Aaron had fond memories eating a similar dish at a Japanese Izakaya in Vancouver and wanted to share it with you all!
It's super tasty and simple to make, and is also delicious eaten cold if you have any leftovers!
Ingredients:ADD TO CART
- ~15 pcs of white button mushrooms
- 1/2 head of garlic
- 10 large leaves of fresh sweet basil
- 5-7 tablespoons of whipping cream
1) Cut mushrooms into quarters
2) Thinly slice the garlic
3) Finely chop the fresh basil
4) Put a pan on medium fire, melt the butter and add a drizzle of olive oil
5) Lightly fry the garlic slices until golden brown
6) Turn the gas to high fire, and sautee the mushrooms until they're soft. Remember not to add water as the mushrooms already have a high water content!
7) Once the mushrooms are soft, turn down the gas to low fire, and add around 5 tablespoons of cream. For a richer sauce, add more cream to your own liking
8) Switch off the fire and then add the basil - the gentle heat from the mushroom and sauce should help the basil aroma bloom. (Note that basil will lose a lot of flavor when exposed to too much heat!)
All ready to serve!