This can be served either as a warm hearty salad or a side for a main dish. The sweetness of the potatoes mellows out the slightly bitter taste of kale, while the shallots and mushroom add a meaty and sweet profile to the dish. The tangy and mustardy dressing makes this whole dish a perfect accompaniment to either a meat or seafood main course.
Serves 4-5 as
Ingredients:ADD TO CART
- Ratte Potatoes - 454g, scrubbed and washed
- Kale - 280g, washed and roughly chopped
- Baby Portobello or Brown Button Mushrooms - 396g, sliced
- Shallot - 3-4 pieces, finely sliced
- Garlic - 1 head, separate into cloves
- Parsley - 1 Small Bunch, roughly chopped
- Olive Oil - 5 Tablespoons
- Balsamic Vinegar - 1 Tablespoon
- Dijon Mustard - 1 Teaspoon
- Salt & Pepper - For seasoning
1) In a medium pot, boil the potatoes in salted boiling water for around 20 minutes, or until they are soft.
2) In the meantime, prepare the dressing by combining 3 tablespoons of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, a pinch of salt and pepper and the chopped parsley. Turn on your oven to roasting at 190C (375F).
3) Once the potatoes are done, remove from heat and drain the water from the pot. Dress the potatoes with another pinch of salt and another tablespoon of olive oil, then cover the pot with a lid. Shake the pot quite vigorously until they look like they are about to break apart.
4) On a baking tray lined with tin foil, spread the potatoes on a single layer along with the garlic cloves. Roast the garlic and potatoes in the oven for around 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes develop a brown crust and the garlic is soft.
5) While the potatoes are roasting, in a medium pan over medium-high heat, fry the shallots with the remaining olive oil until golden brown.
6) Then add mushrooms - cook until they are soft. Finally add the chopped kale until the leaves soften and turn dark green. Mix well and switch off heat.
7) Once potatoes are golden brown, squeeze out the garlic flesh from the cloves and mix with the potatoes in a large serving bowl.
8) Add the kale and mushroom mixture, as well as the dressing on top, then gently toss and serve.