As the name suggests, this recipe is super easy to make and surprisingly complex in flavor, texture and color. The cooking method gives the vegetables almost a sweet and smoky roasted flavor, while the herbs bring a fragrant aroma to the whole dish. This is a great way to use up any leftover veggies you might have in the fridge.
Serves 3-4 as
Ingredients:ADD TO CART
- Green Zucchini - 150g, halved and finely sliced
- Yellow Zucchini - 150g, halved and finely sliced
- Purple Aubergine - 150g, halved and finely sliced
- Red Cherry Tomatoes - 150g, quartered
- Shallots - 2 pcs, finely chopped
- Lemon - 1/4 pc, juiced (Alternative: 1 Tablespoon of Balsamic Vinegar)
- Parsely - 1 Small Sprig, roughly chopped
- Chives - 1 Small Sprig, finely chopped
- Vegetable Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Salt & Pepper - For seasoning
1) Season the zucchinis and eggplant with a few pinches of salt and pepper, prepare the other ingredients in separate bowls as shown in the picture below.
2) Drain any excess liquid from the vegetables. Then heat up a large sauteeing pan with vegetable oil. Once the oil begins to smoke, immediately add in the vegetables in a thin single layer, such that the pan surface to vegetable contact area is maximized.
3) Allow the vegetables to sautee for around 1-2 minutes until they begin to brown before using a spatula to flip them over and sautee the other side. Once the other side has been sauteed for another 30 seconds, add the shallots and cherry tomatoes. Mix well and then add either the lemon juice or balsamic vinegar.
4) Sautee for another 30 seconds and then serve in a bowl.