These crispy, caramelized, pan-fried Jerusalem Artichokes go amazingly well with a well-grilled piece of meat, fish or even in a warm salad. This incredibly quick and easy recipe will have your guests fighting over the last piece in no time!
SERVES: 2-3 persons (or multiply ingredient amounts for desired serving size)
COOKING TIME: 20-30 minutes
- 250g Jerusalem Artichokes (peeled or scrubbed) and cut crosswise into 1/2-cm-thick rounds
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons coarsely torn / chopped fresh herbs of your choice (we recommend either sage or rosemary)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Optional: 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and olive oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high fire
- Add Jerusalem artichokes and half of the fresh herbs in the pan. Sprinkle with pinch of salt and pepper
- Sauté the Jerusalem artichokes, turning every minute or so, for around 10 minutes
- Once brown and beginning to soften, transfer the Jerusalem artichokes to a shallow serving bowl
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and fresh herbs to the pan; fry until the herbs darken, about 30 seconds. Then add lemon juice and simmer for 1 minute.
- Pour lemon-herb butter over Jerusalem artichokes in bowl, tossing to coat.
- Sprinkle more salt and pepper as appropriate. (Optional: Sprinkle in parsley)